Xanax is a benzodiazepine, also known as alprazolam generic, which is used for anxiety treatment and panic disorders. When a person flies or travels in the sky, he/she will experience some anxiety and flying phobias. It is not applicable to everyone. Some may find traveling by air very comfortable. For others, without drugs, their flying phobia will make their travel experience miserable and sickening. Such people will avoid flight travels or long travel hours. Anxiety symptoms like hypervigilance and motor tension, along with the two types of anxiety like anticipatory anxiety and in-plane anxiety is experienced by such persons. Only the latter can be cured or controlled with drugs. The fear of flying may include panic attacks and fears caused at an elevated height. These people will imagine that the plane is going to crash or tend to feel claustrophobic. For these people, drugs like Xanax are literally a boon. Xanax helps people drive away those fears and make them get used to the journey and feel very comfortable like their other fellow travelers. People who are looking for Xanax to get relief from flying phobia can get the drug by clicking http://www.healthprose.org/xanax/
Why choose Xanax during flight travel?
Xanax is an anti-anxiety medication which is used to diminish flight anxiety. Xanax is prescribed for psychiatrists and the treatment for the patients will be initiated with a dose of 0.25 mg to 0.5 mg, thrice every day. Xanax is also known to reduce the fear of flying. It helps the patients to calm down. Xanax works by bringing in drowsiness and fatigue, thereby, decreasing hyper-vigilance. It takes effect in a short span say 15-25 minutes after the consumption of the dose and hence it is very easy for anybody to carry Xanax with them and take it few minutes before they board the flight. According to studies and many clinical trials, it has been found that alprazolam is more effective than placebo in helping people to get a calming effect during their journey.
How does Xanax work to treat flying phobia?
Xanax binds to certain sites on the GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) receptors in the brain and enhance GABA-mediated synaptic inhibition. Following the oral administration, alprazolam gets readily absorbed by the system. This brings about the anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and amnestic effect. Xanax relaxes the skeletal muscle thereby producing an overall calm effect in the patient.
Effectiveness of Xanax for flying phobia
- Xanax doesn’t become addictive if used occasionally (only while traveling).
- Xanax causes sleepiness and with few minutes the drug gets into action and puts the person to sleep. Thus, it makes them not aware of their anxiety or phobia.
- Xanax has good results in ameliorating acute anxiety and considered much safer than barbiturates.
- The drug reduces phobia by creating a calming effect in the patients. Hence, they feel much relieved of the fear and their minds are off the claustrophobic feeling.
- Small doses of Xanax are enough for one journey.
- Short span to the onset of drug effects.
- Side effects do not have any fatal problems and those that are caused are easily manageable by the patient.